Tuesday, August 9, 2011

August 9, 2011

The hardest part of writing a blog is keeping secrets. I know that sounds terrible and perhaps you feel betrayed by my dishonesty but first let me explain.

This past week I discussed the very good possibility, with two separate entities, the sponsorship of two new quilt squares. This very exciting news for the PA Quilt (and Rug) Trails, one that I am quite anxious to share. However........I have learned through the process of administering the PA Quilt (and Rug) Trails that negotiations usually need to reach a certain stage until announcements are made. Situations change, not always for the worse,  but pre-mature announcements tend to be confusing.

Six days ago I lost my dog, Sophie (Lady Sophia of Cambria). She was young and her death was a total surprise. I have spent the better part of the week blaming myself for not seeing her illness and doubting my ability to be a good pet owner. But as the week progressed I Googled a bit, reflected our life together and found I probably have the ability to be a good dog (or cat) Mom. In only six days my grief is closer to the joy I had being my constant companion for the five short years she was here.

If nothing ever changed, there'd be no butterflies.  ~Author Unknown

So the best I can do for this blog is whisper in your ear via  the Internet that most possibly, there are two new quilt squares negotiations in the works. Will announce confirmations as soon as possible.

Don't forget to check out PA Quilt (and Rug) Trails website for news and updates.

<paquilttrails.org>>

If you, your family or group would be interested in sponsoring a quilt square please contact:

Sharon Lee 
adminstration@paquilttrails.org 
or call Community Partnerships RC&D/ PA Quilt (and Rug) Trails 
717-248-4901 ext 326


No comments:

Post a Comment