Monday, December 6, 2010

December 6, 2010

I now live in an artistic community just a stone's throw from the United States-Mexico border. Bisbee, Arizona is a thriving tourist spot attracting people from all over the country, if not the world. It may surprise you that  the business district, home to all  the shops, restaurants and saloons is not actually the tourist attractor, rather people come here to follow the trail of art that decorates the town.

When I first came to Bisbee I was intreaged by the work of a muralist who's work is throughout this and the surrounding communities. Muralist, Rose Johnson's work forces me to search for more murals, at the same time bringing me to places I would not have thought to visit. This is what I envision the PA Quilt Trails to be.

The Pa Quilt Trails is the start of something that will go on for years, outlasting Community Partnerships RC&D staff, PA Quilt Trails administrator, quilt square site owners, sponsors and painters. Be part of the future. Support PA Quilt Trails. All donations large and small are welcomed, appreciated and needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment