Monday, June 13, 2011

June 13, 2011

This morning while I was on the phone with the activities director of Locust Grove Rehabilitation and Retirement Village, discussing the final touches of the Trail Rug, I watched a yellow bird fighting with a hummingbird at the bird feeder. I wish I could tell you what species the yellow bird and/or hummingbird was, but I was multi-tasking and unable to turn my full attention to bird identification.

And why am I blogging about this bird interaction? Actually I'm not sure except that as with most aspects of coordinating the PA Quilt (and Rug) Trails it is a project of multi-tasking. Today for instance while on the phone with Locust Grove's Freda Durio, I had my mail program open to write an email to Community Partnerships RC&D staff member Mike Lennartz hoping he would help me procure paper products, chips and a cake for the Trail Rug unveiling. At the same time I was searching through an antique wooden file box for the index card with contact information for Skills of Central Pennsylvania, the group working on another quilt square. An email from Packwood Museum that needed to be addressed was open on  my desktop. Add to that petting my border collie, lying at my feet, listening to see if the washing machine has finished its cycle and writing a to-do list, I am the epitome of multi-tasking.

Like multi-tasking the PA Quilt (and Rug) trails is multi-faceted. The Trail Rug to be hung in less than a month at the Tuscarora State Forest, took about forty people to make happen. Hard to imagine but true. And each of us with a specific task at hand added to the whole, making a fantastic piece that will be availble to all for many, many years to come.

Come join PA Quilt (and Rug) trails as we unveiled this special addition to our trail

July 8th, 2011, 11AM 
Tuscarora State Forest Fire Station
Blain, Pennsylvania
For more information contact:
Sharon Lee, administrator of Pa Quilt (and Rug) Trails 
administrator@paquilttrails,org
717-248-4901 ext 326

No comments:

Post a Comment